2.08.2009

Spring Fever

After months of the weather being dreary and chilly, we saw 70-75F this weekend, and I swear, it feels like I've just woken up from a very long nap.

I have been a busy little bee!  First, check out my sweet little workspace in the office :)



Next we go out into the garden...I expanded it so now it's about 7' x 7'. It only took shoveling out the grass (ugh), 1 trip to the garden center, 2 trips to Home Depot Richardson and 1 trip to Home Depot Plano, 20 pavers, 7 bags of topsoil, 5 bags of compost and 2 bags of Humax. Right now I've got Nasturium and Violas (pictured below), which are both edible flowers. I planted them in the shadier section of the garden, hopefully they'll be happier there. I also started seeds for spinach and lettuce for the cooler parts. The sunny spots are reserved for the green peppers, poblanos, jalepeƱos, cherry tomatoes and Brandywine tomatoes that I started seeds for today. 

4 comments:

Suz said...

Those shelves look even better than I imagined when you showed me the idea!! And I love how gardeny you are. It's very inspiring. :-)

Michelle said...

Everything looks great! I wouldn't have expected less from you though ;)

Kelli said...

I love your new garden and I can't wait to visit so that I can see it! You were quite the busy bee!

daina said...

Love it. So jealous of those flowers.....But I can see more grass than I could on Sat!