Hey, folks. I've decided I'm officially going to take a hiatus this December from blogging. Life has been inSANE the last few weeks/months and every time I think about blogging I approach it with a kind of guilt because I don't even know where to start. Then there's the fact that the deeper I get into music therapy I feel in a quandry because there is all this confidentiality stuff I worry about and do not want to overshare.
I think what is going to help is taking some time off from trying to force my creativity and take the time to figure out where I want my blog to go in the new year and get a clear picture of what it is I have to say in my little corner of the universe. Heck, I might even get a full-on redesign out of the deal, as per my geek of a husband.
OH BUT FIRST I have to say this: My super talented friend Josh Rosenthal spent the last year developing a series of 4 CDs, ending with a Christmas album that just came out called For a Day. The suite of CDs called Villages captures the idea of our need for connection with one another.
The Villages Suite culminates with For a Day, an album where Josh spent one day collaborating with different artists for each song. He has a variety of Christmas specials online with several CDs and t-shirt combinations. You can purchase them through his online store at http://joshrosenthal.bigcartel.com. He gave me a special promotional code for my friends and blog readers to get an extra 10% off. At checkout use CHRISTINA to get the discount. This would be a great Christmas gift or stocking stuffer idea!!!
To preview his music go to his myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/joshrosenthal
I had the pleasure of seeing him play live a couple months ago in two venues Dallas and it was incredible - and, he and his wife Becky are pretty great altogether. So check both of 'em out.
Ciao until January 1st, lovelies!

2 comments:
We'll miss you in the blog world. Hope you're doing well.
hey! no - I'm fine :) and of course as usual as soon as I decide to quit blogging for a time I get this explosion of ideas.
What I want to know is what other people would like to know about? I mean, I'll be blogging about my gardening stuff, that I've already decided.
I also just watched Food, Inc. and am speaking with the hubs about a blog about "eating off the grid" meaning spending a full year eating only things that are grown/raised either in our back yard or by local farmers, which means pretty much nothing from local grocery stores. Still trying to figure out what that would look like...I am stuck on whether that means making our own bread. Sort of a "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" adventure a la Barbara Kingsolver.
Post a Comment