4.22.2010

little ears and little mouths

It's been really amazing sharing this adventure with my 7 year old niece...I told her on the phone that she was going to have a new cousin and she GAAASPED! and then told me she wanted it to be a girl. She is just bursting with questions and it's been fun to have our little conversations.

As I was feeling like death warmed over a few weekends ago, she and my sister stopped by the house to pick some chard, lettuce, and herbs, and when I was opening the front door, I heard Kat say, "is what Aunt Tina has contagious?"

I smiled and said no but what I REALLY wanted to say was, "Yes. You catch it from boys." But then I thought my sister might deck me.

I'm 8 weeks along as I write this (but not as you read this) and I can't say that I've had any huge epiphanies in the last week. We're trying to decide if we want to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl or wait and have it be a surprise. I'm less inclined to trick out the guest room in gender-specific pink or blue glittery things (because oh, there will be glitter) because we have a small house and the kid's room will still have to be functional as storage/sleeping space. I've found a black crib that I really like, one that grows with the kid, but I was thinking that if we have more than one anywhere close together, that a bed that turns into a full size bed is probably not the best answer for us space-wise.

Like I had any space in my brain to begin with for all this crazy stuff and here I am contemplating baby bedding.

The good news is that this whole thing has prompted my hubs to get moving on some projects we were taking our time with...things like getting the horrid garage situation figured out, and getting the house painted. I'm really pumped about the house colours mostly because it includes a red front door (!!!) and hopefully the fresh coat of paint will liven up our cozy casa just a bit.

No comments: