4.22.2010

Progress?

We've moved from barfing after eating something to barfing when I've not had anything in my stomach in the last five minutes.

I apologize if I haven't painted the rosiest of pictures of the last few weeks...it's been rough on pretty much every single aspect of my life: personally, professionally, sanity, laundry, wifery, cookery. I have to admit that I've been in a huge funk the last few weeks and am just now starting to pull myself (and get helped pulled) out of it. I am having a hard time being excited about all of this, I think because there are so many changes going on at the same time. I write this to be honest and for anyone out there who will ever feel like this: HEY YOU'RE NORMAL. 

I've had a few people speak so wisely and helpfully in my life lately by just letting me be, and having the grace to say not "oh it'll get better..." but "hey, this right here? it SUCKS and I know because I've BEEN THERE."

So yeah. I guess now I can say I've been there. And would like to get past it to the fun part.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I hope I was able to be one of those people that just said "it sucks and I've been there."

I really try not to be the "I've had a child so I know everything lady" with all of my preggo girlfriends!

love you!

Unknown said...

:-/ I'm so sorry your having such a rough first trimester! My cousin was the same way. Once it passed she would tell us, "during all of that barfing and nausea, I kept asking myself, 'why the hell did I try so hard to get pregnant and put myself through all of this?!'"

It will pass...hang in there! Love you!

Maria "Marfi" said...

Sorry you've been feeling so yucky and barfing all the time :( I hope things get better quickly! I wish you lived closer so I could bring you some flowers :)

diana said...

We really should chat. I know exactly what you are talking about. I decided to change every possible life circumstance all at the same time. Fun times!

diana said...

We really should chat. I know exactly what you are talking about. I decided to change every possible life circumstance all at the same time. Fun times!