me just now: *sneaks off to wrap some Christmas presents while Adeline is awake, happy, playing on the changing table with dad*
Kyle: "are you okay? is this you resenting the baby?"
Me: "no, this is me trying to head off any of that stuff. I got into a pattern of eating, sleeping, changing feeding, and need to do something else."
normal, yes?
6 comments:
You can come visit me for a few minutes this afternoon. I'm moping around at home instead of working today. :)
PS - "Normal" is a dangerous word.
Clint wanted me to get some fresh air when Madison was about 5 or 6 days old so he sent me to Target to get a few breastfeeding supplies that I had needed while he watched Maddie. I wandered around Target like an idiot. It was still painful to walk and I felt like I didn't belong in public.
From that point on I just took a nice long shower and ate in a different room to get a little break.
So I'd say sneaking off to wrap some presents in another room is a great idea and totally normal.
I'll bring you over some jewelry wire and you can get hooked with me!
What! Candace! You should've told me and you could've come over and hung out with the nugget for a few minutes today! Dang!
ohhhh Joanna...I don't know what I would do if left to my own devices at Target...probably wander around like an idiot as well or just buy a bunch of stuff I don't need...it's a good thing I still can't drive myself! I've come to treasure the nice long shower time and my craft room has become a little haven of sanity.
Yeah Claire! I'm excited to hang out with you tomorrow :)
I did the same thing with James. Everything was bought before he arrived, but all wrapping was done with him chilling in his bouncy seat or crib.
I was invited to a baby shower/party when he was a couple weeks old, I went without him and it was glorious! A whole hour with nothing to worry about except where I'd stuck my purse. Its a good thing. :)
Great idea mama!
I remember going to Target days after like Joanna did. I cried the whole time but my mom said it would be good for me.
Sneaking away for a moment is such a great idea though, even if it is just a shower!
Post a Comment