I've decided that my not writing has come from mostly just not wanting to be that girl who blogs about awesome stuff and then has a kid and only blogs about poop. I mean, I'm not even sure I want to read yet another blog from a mom who thinks that they're the first one to ever experience motherhood.
That sounded harsh. What I mean is, I love reading other people's blogs about their kids, LOVE checking up on my friends and their babies and how they do things - I just don't know that I have a fresh perspective.
I am still learning to balance this crazy full time work full time momma thing. It is NOT. EASY.
I know, nobody ever said it was easy. Mostly anything anyone ever said included the words "mommy guilt" regarding returning to work full time. Do I want to be home with my kid all the time? Oh gosh yes. Right now she is all squeaks and squawks and smiles and feet and all I do every day upon returning home is hold her and kiss on her. Do I want to continue being a music therapist full time in an awesome setting? You. Betcha. For me, balancing everything has come down to watching a whole lot less television, saying no to happy hours and the Dallas MS150, and saying yes to drool and pumping at work and seriously the best faces I've seen anyone make. Ever.
So just as I am learning to balance it, I am learning to balance and focus this blog so I know what to write about when I have nothing to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment